Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why becoming a Dad has made me more pro-life

     My wife Samantha and I are expecting a beautiful baby boy very soon. I can't even begin to describe the emotions that are running through me. I feel nervous because I know that everything will change, for the good, and that it is something that I have never experienced before. I am so excited to see my son. I am so proud of my wife for being so brave and strong, yet still the sweetest woman alive during her pregnancy.
     Unfortunately there is another emotion that I can't help but feel, sadness. Sadness not about our child but sadness for all the lives that are aborted, murdered everyday. Living beings that feel and live, that are terminated before they ever see the light of day. It is a horror that should not be inflicted on the most fragile and helpless of us.
     I have marched in Washington in protest of abortion and have always despised the existence of such a practice. Yet, I didn't realize how strongly I felt in my pro-life stance until I saw my little son squirming on the screen at our first ultrasound. When we later had a 3-d ultrasound and we saw his little hands, feet, and face, the feeling we both felt was unconditional love. I saw the miracle of life and was totally galvanized in my belief that life is a precious miracle from God.
     Every person at every stage of life be it at conception, pregnancy, infancy, childhood, and adulthood is endowed with inalienable rights by the Almighty. This truth is in our Constitution. The first among these is life. The dignity of life is so precious and should be protected by our government. It shows how far we have fallen when the very argument of limiting and even taking away life is legitimized and even sanctioned by our society and government.
     Our economy is in turmoil. Most people are more concerned in this campaign cycle with economic issues rather than social ones. While these concerns are pressing, they are not exclusive one from the other. All of these issues have a common enemy in our tyrannical federal government. The same tyrannical government that has driven our economy into the dirt, that has wasted our savings, and has indebted us to the point of collapse is the same government that sanctions abortions, stifles freedom of religious expression, and propagates the politically correct myths that are at the heart of the moral decay of our nation. Libertarians, Conservatives, Tea Partiers, and all those who believe in our Constitution should unite behind a common goal. To restore the constitutional limits on government, to return government to the people, to encourage freedom of religious expression, to reinsert the principles of free enterprise and hard work, and to protect the values and morals that our nation was founded on. In doing this we will have a booming economy, a strong defense, a smaller government, and more freedom. By restoring our Constitution to it's proper role we will have all of the those things but we will also have the protection for our unborn children that they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment